Friday, September 7, 2012

For this module, I watched the video "Wanna Work Together? Creative Commons" via the YouTube link provided. This video was informative for the company "Creative Commons" and was actually some pretty neat stuff. I did not know that copyrights are automatically given to each  picture, video, or written work that we take/make/post online. This is quite reassuring, actually, that all my works and others are protected automatically. What this company does, is modify copyrights so that material can be shared the way YOU want it to be shared or used . For example, I can post a video online and with Creative Commons can allow others to repost or use this video in their own lesson plans however they may like. I think this is a great tool to monitor what should and should not be shared and to spread your great ideas.

As an educator, this movement means two things. I can share my experieces or ideas online by modifying the materials' copyright limits. But also, I can use others' experiences and ideas based on how they are allowing to them be used. Already so many ideas are being shared, most popular through Pinterest; this feature opens the door for even  more useful material to be LEGALLY allowed for use. In the classroom I can see myself using DIY craft ideas or even videos related to topics I am teaching. I see this as being a great resource in the classroom as a lot more material will be available for use and also will help spark my own ideas.

The website to check out: creativecommons.org


No comments:

Post a Comment